Monday, July 20, 2009

This is the moment! Enjoy it! Savor it!

Sunday afternoon is typically my time to frantically get the laundry done or prepare for the week, but today was different.

Much to my daughter’s delight, we set up a splash pool for her and her little friends to enjoy. It was a hot day, and a perfect afternoon for the kids to splash and run between the crazy sprinklers without the tyranny of the sun’s heat bothering them. Even my toddler son had a momentous time in the little waddle trying to grab water in his hand. It was a delight to hear the yell and scream of little voices and water splashing all around the bend.

I miss such events too I thought. I want to run around the sprinklers and splash through the water, but something in my mind admonished the thought. I was reminded of my age! Had I aged that much, or was I just mindful of neighbors who might condemn it as a silly act of adulthood?

Sometimes I believe, we unnecessarily read into our thoughts and prevent it from becoming an action; just to keep our false pride and sanity intact. Had I indulged in a little childish fun, I might have retired a satisfied adult to bed with a silly smile plastered on my face! Maybe next time!

2 comments:

  1. I have 2 hindi songs for this - "Kuch tho log kahenge, logon ka kaam hai kehna" and "Aana wala pal jaane wala hai, ho sake tho isme zindagi bitha lo..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. So apt. Thanks Pushpa.

    ReplyDelete