Thursday, July 9, 2009

Never under estimate anything


Never under estimate anything

Taking a break from work, I was gaining wisdom from worldly events and noticed news about bombings and mice and suddenly I was ROTFL as a flood of memories in the insanity that pursued came to me in a flash.

One evening, as I stepped in from school, I noticed the severe look on my parents face. A thousand thoughts crossed my mind and I was sure I was saintly all week with no room for trouble, yet something had occurred.

My dad sat me down and gave me ample examples of lying and its repercussions. It all seemed very irrational at the moment and finally the gamut hit the spot. I was stealing money from a secret stash that I had strangely uncovered. All my pleas went unheard as I was the only minor in the house and the other was a few hours away scoring the BE ranks!

After being admonished to my room to ponder over my mistake, my parents took to resenting their lack of proper guidance. I wanted to yell and cry that they have instilled the right values, but at the time, it was of no avail.

A few days went by and suddenly one evening, my Dad screamed for me and my Mom. We came rushing down to see my Dad going hysterical with laughter in the store room. He even managed a few apologies in between, so stunned I was to hear them, my eyes darted here and there to find him pointing to tiny bits of green paper embedded in some coconut fiber. A closer look revealed that they were indeed bits of Rs 5 bills I was accused of stealing a few days ago!

Now that I was in the clear and my parents (just for once) were wrong, I weighted down on them like a tornado about their misjudgment, adding that they raised me better, but just have to trust me more.

Now, mice had become the youngest menaces we were after! We figured out that, late at night, these monstrosities; quietly (well not so much) made their way into the kitchen storage to find things to keep them warm. The crispy bills seemed to make a perfect blanket and they happily escaped with a few. So smart, they were that it took 3 men and 2 ladies to land the bucket on 2 finger length creatures that had anchored my life to the room for 2 weeks!


1 comment:

  1. Hmm.. I am curious to know what happened to those thieving mice who taught an important lesson of trust :)

    ReplyDelete