Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My daughter, my pride

As I was enjoying a nice evening with the family, I suggested blogging to my daughter. After a quick explanation from my husband about the niceties of keeping an online journal, she was sold. As her first posting, she choose to present the activities of the day. I was convinced that she'll keep it to three points and be done. Much to my surprise, she actually described each event in detail, yet simple words. She was so engrossed, she even made subtle changes on the way to reflect her deepest thoughts. I was awed by her capability to illustrate the feeling in words. Then it struck me, she was no longer the little girl I always chose to hold hands and guide. She was learning the ways of the world and had developed a sense of things around her. She was not my little baby anymore, but a young girl transitioning to adapt herself to her surroundings.

I miss her moments of innocence and play, but this stage is equally fun with a rush of new feelings and nurturing I can translate to make her a better person. I love you my sweet angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment