Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Budding musician??

As I write this, my eyes well up with joy and the warmest smile is plastered on my face and I can relive the moment a thousand times and still let the same emotions run.
A lazy last afternoon, my daughter was tasked with practicing her Carnatic music to prepare for upcoming festivities. No sooner did my 15 month old son see her walk with the music box (shruthi petti), a wide grins adorns hi face and he starts chiming “Sa…”. He grabbed the box and gingerly wedged himself between my Mom and daughter and started singing “Sa Ri” in a high and low pitch as if to match the scale. If this did not stop him, he then started singing, complete with talam (beats) on his lap like a professional with self made lyrics. Every now and then, he looked at the box to make sure the volume was right, acknowledged with an “uhmm” and continued his kacheri (concert).
It was a delight to see the little master prove that he can sing just as beautifully as his sister and he would run up after a few minutes with a gleeful look, clapping his hands, looking for praise. It was a sight to hold and behold and I wish I had the camera to capture the essence of his joy. Maybe many years later, I can sit surfing these videos when they are grown up and don’t need me anymore and relive the joy I feel today as I write this post

3 comments:

  1. Aww..what a cute picture that must have made! Like Paati, like grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a lovely post :) and obviously he has inspiration around him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls. Some moments just leaving a lasting impression and this is one of them:)

    ReplyDelete